Monday, June 2, 2008

One of the Longest Days so Far

Sunday was really cool. We had church at 7 in the morning, of which I played the piano and spaced off choosing songs, telling my chorister he was conducting, and just being prepared overall. It was a rough time, especially when I realized that I had pages switched for the musical number I was accompanying. I gained a testimony of prayer though, so that was pretty cool. After church, Jake, Luke, Al and I walked down to the grove again for one more time. Then we hopped on the bus and drove 9 hours with little to no excitement. The frequent rest stops were the only break from the routine. We arrived at Gettysburg and ate at General Pickets Buffet, which sucked hardcore. The roast beef was really pink and cold and everything had a funky taste to it. I did enjoy the salad bar and dessert bar though. Then we went upstairs to a gift shop, where Nick Jorgensen helped me realize that we came here on our 8th grade trip. Good times. Then we drove to the hotel, which is the worst one we have stayed in so far. Its small, no elevator, and the service is crappy. Several people have complained of unclean rooms and hair in the bathroom, and the front desk people just said we can't do anything about it. That ticks me off a little bit, but what can you do? We have a big day in Washington DC tomorrow, so got to get some sleep:)

1 comment:

Julie Castellon said...

Thank goodness you've got some mad music skills!

I think somebody is getting a little sleep deprived and grumpy... Hmmm? And just missing their mom's home cooking.

Hope you had fun in DC! I love DC!