Friday, January 23, 2009

Today was an excellent day! It all started off with Bowling with Bob, which is great because bowling is awesome and we bowled with some pretty cute girls... ha ha. And on Thursdays, I only have 3 classes, one is convocations which kinda doesn't count, so I was finished by 1:30! I put in practice time on the bassoon, which is rare and well needed, then had to get to work. Work flew by so fast! I don't think there has ever been a shorter two hours ever. After work, I went to D6 for a short bit until our plans could start ;) At 6, there was free pizza for all Snow Garden tennents for the welcome-back-to-a-new-fabu-frickin-tastic-semester party. The pizza wasn't very good, though, because they ordered it from the Little Ceaser in Richfield... so thats an hour drive.... plus Emily and Jen were saying that they left at noon to pick it up... gross. But a college student can eat anything right? ha ha after fifteen minutes of lite social interaction, we took off to the Institute to get good seats for the JON SCHMIDT CONCERT! SO EXCITING! It was so awesome! And probably the best part of it all was that it was free. So I got to meet a musical hero of mine and watch and listen to him play some of my favorite songs (like Waterfall, All of Me, To the Summit, Game Day, you know, the works). I loved to concert so much. I have one regret though- he asked for a jazz pianist to come play with him... at first I was so nervous to do it, and you had to know the blues scale to be able to play with him and I wasn't 100% sure about it, so I hesitated and some other guy got up to do it. I really with I would have just manned-up and gone up there because it would have been so fun! It was just an improv session and I could have done it, but its ok. I plan on going to another concert:) That is one reason, and the other is to buy the fourth book of his and get it autographed. I bought four of his books today... they were only $12 a piece!!! you can't turn that down. But I officially have Jon Schmidt books, and they are signed to Joseph Dale, JD, Borg, and oseph ale (long story). On the next one, I will get Jarbage under the "To". ha ha good times. Jayneann, Emily, Jen, Bradan, and Bird all went to the concert too and came with me through the line and helped with the signing of the books. I think Jon was a bit weirded out with the various names we gave him to sign for. When we got back, Bradan, Jayneann, Emily, and I went to the clubhouse and I gave a mini-concert with all the Schmidt stuff I had. It was so much fun being able to connect with people on the musical level. Emily can play too, so she had her turn after about an hour of my showing off:) Bradan asked us to leave while she was playing so he could be have a little more alone time with her :^O Jayneann and I talked for a bit, then I walked her home and life is just good at the moment. I am making new friends who are really cool and I don't know how I didn't know them last semester. and Kory Camp is a great roommate! He is funny and just an awesome kid. Plus I get to start my papers soon and I just found out I get to go to Florida for FREE!!! Very exciting. and to top it all off, it has been raining all day, and the rain makes everything mui bueno!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a college man you are!! I am so glad you are having so much fun. Did you ever get your Christmas present?

Kirsten said...

Emily and JayneAnn are the bomb cuz they are from the same area and went to the same high school as me! LOL. I'm glad this semester is going awesome for you JD!

Kirsten said...

Hey, I thought about what you said today and I found a quote I think ties it in, "A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart."
"The world becomes a creation after our own image, a reflection of our own faith or lack thereof...even when trials come, the wise choose happiness."